I will show you some awesome quotes about loving your own company
In this blog post, we’ll talk about quotes on enjoying your own company.
But first of all, what does it mean to enjoy your own company?
Enjoying your own company simply means that you are at ease and enjoy spending time alone. It means you don’t need to be around others all the time and can find satisfaction in your own company.
You can entertain yourself and find joy in your own activities, thoughts, and interests. Besides that, it implies that you’re free to be yourself without the need to put on a mask or pretend to be someone else when you’re around others.
It also means you’re confident in your abilities and don’t need external validation.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
So, how to start enjoying your own company?
There are many ways to start enjoying your own company:
• Plan a solo day trip or weekend getaway. It’s a great way to enjoy your own company while exploring new places and experiences.
• Treat yourself to something nice, such as a delicious meal, a bubble bath, or a new book. Here’s a good list of motivational books for women. The important thing is to take care of yourself and do things that make you happy.
• Connect with others. Even if you enjoy your own company, it’s very important to maintain contact with friends and family. Contact others via phone calls, video chats, or social media.
• Create something original. You can write poetry, music, or a short story. Using your creativity to express yourself can be a great way to enjoy your own company.
• Listen to an audiobook or podcast. While being on your own, immerse yourself in a new story or learn something new. You can try listening to an audiobook or podcast.
• Volunteer. Give back to your community by volunteering for a cause that’s important to you. Helping others can be such a rewarding and fulfilling experience. By helping others, you also help yourself.
• Create a relaxing environment. Surround yourself with items that make you feel at ease and relaxed, such as your favorite music, a cozy sherpa fleece blanket like this one, or a beautiful view.
• Learn more about yourself. Take some time to evaluate your values, beliefs, and goals. This can help you better understand yourself and develop a sense of who you are.
• Learn to be comfortable with silence. Learn to be comfortable with silence and enjoy your own thoughts. Meditation is one of the many ways to practice it.
• Set personal goals and work toward them. This will provide you with a sense of purpose and fulfillment. Here are over 160 good monthly goals that you can set for personal growth.
• Practice gratitude. Try to be grateful for the things in your life, including simple pleasures and people who matter to you. Here’s an effective gratitude journal that requires only a few minutes of your day, so there’s literally no reason not to practice gratitude.
• Practice mindfulness by paying attention to the present moment. Observe your thoughts and emotions without judgment.
• Experiment with new things. Enroll in a class or workshop in an area of interest to you, such as cooking, photography, or painting.
• Try a digital detox. Put away your phone, tablet, or computer for some time. Try to enjoy your own company without technology distracting you.
• Learn a new language. It’s a great way to enjoy your own company while broadening your mind to learn a new language.
• Start a journal and record your thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Reflecting on your writing can help you understand yourself and your priorities better. Here’s a simple journal that I personally use, love, and swear by.
RELATED: Fun indoor activities to consider when you’re home alone
What happens when you finally learn how to enjoy your own company?
You may notice several positive changes in your life once you begin to enjoy your own company. Here are some possible scenarios:
• Improved focus. When you’re comfortable being alone, you’ll be able to concentrate more on the task at hand, whether it’s work or a personal project.
• More chances to discover yourself. You’ll have more chances to discover your interests, values, and desires. This can lead to a more rewarding life.
• More peace of mind. When you enjoy your own company, you stop constantly seeking external validation or entertainment. This results in a more peaceful state of mind.
• More self-confidence. Your self-confidence grows. You’ll learn to trust and value your own thoughts and opinions.
• More satisfaction. Learning to enjoy your own company will make you less likely to feel lonely or bored. It will also make you more likely to find satisfaction in the present moment.
• More freedom. You’ll have more freedom to make decisions that are right for you, rather than just pleasing others.
• Better decision-making. Taking the time to reflect and understand yourself allows you to make better decisions for yourself.
• Better relationships. When you’re comfortable in your own skin, your relationships with others improve. You’ll be less likely to seek external validation. You’ll be more likely to communicate your needs and boundaries.
• More time for self-reflection. When you’re comfortable being alone, you’ll have more time for self-reflection. This can lead to a more in-depth understanding of yourself and your aspirations.
• More social flexibility. You’re less likely to feel awkward or out of place in social situations.
• Increased sense of self-worth. Your sense of self-worth improves. You’ll be less likely to seek external validation and more likely to believe in yourself.
Now it’s time to show you my favorite quotes on loving your own company.
RELATED: The best self-date ideas to consider while trying to have some alone time
Here are the best quotes about enjoying your own company
• “Being alone can be scary, but it can also be powerful. It gives you a chance to discover who you are and what you want.” ― Unknown
• “There is nothing more liberating in this life than to fight for your own heart and to make the choice to be the person you want to be.” ― Unknown
• “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ― Buddha
• “I am content in my solitude, it’s where I find my true happiness.” ― Unknown
• “The beauty of walking alone is that you’re on no one’s schedule but your own.” ― Unknown
• “I find comfort in being alone; it’s where I do my best thinking.” ― Unknown
• “Spend time alone every day. Learn to be comfortable in your own company.” ― Unknown
• “The only way to truly know yourself is to be alone with yourself.” ― Unknown
• “I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.” ― Oscar Wilde
• “Being alone is not lonely; it is the perfect time to be the person you are and the person you want to be.” ― Unknown. It’s one of my favorite loneliness quotes because it shows that being alone doesn’t mean you’re lonely.
• “Happiness is not something you put on like a coat. It comes from within.” ― Unknown
• “The best part of life is not just surviving, but thriving with passion and compassion, humor, style, generosity, and kindness.” ― Maya Angelou
• “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” ― Carl Jung
• “Being alone is not lonely, it is an opportunity to get to know oneself better.” ― Unknown
• “It’s not the absence of people that makes you lonely; it’s the absence of meaningful connection.” ― Unknown
• “When you stand alone, you stand tall.” ― Unknown
• “I don’t need anyone to complete me; I’m already whole on my own.” ― Unknown. If you’re looking for really good being-alone quotes to inspire you, this is it.
• “Whenever I’m with other people, part of me shrinks a little. Only when I am alone can I fully enjoy my own company.” ― Alan Bradley
• “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.” ― Arthur Schopenhauer
• “When the chips are down, you are alone, and loneliness can be terrifying. Fortunately, I’ve always had a chum I could call. And I love to be alone. It doesn’t bother me one bit. I’m my own company.” ― Audrey Hepburn
• “When you are exhausted and lonesome, your past version could regain control. So get your rest and love the heck out of your own company.” ― Christine E. Szymanski
• “I live in company with a body, a silent companion, exacting and eternal.” ― Eugène Delacroix
• “I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.” ― Henry David Thoreau
• “At a stage in my life where I am slowly learning to enjoy my own company. Keeping my circle small and stop entertaining unnecessary things that can’t grow my mind.” ― Hopal Green
• “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre
• “Much-needed alone time is like oxygen for the soul.” ― Unknown
• “Next time you are alone in a room, look in the mirror and say, ‘Hello, gorgeous.’ And know that no matter what anyone else says, you are enough.” ― Unknown
RELATED: Love failure quotes to help you survive a heartbreak
• “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” ― Mandy Hale
• “Loving yourself is the greatest revolution.” ― Unknown
• “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved—loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ― Victor Hugo
• “It’s better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.” ― Diane Grant
• “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” ― Montaigne
• “I enjoy the silence of solitude and the ability to hear my thoughts.” ― Unknown
• “I like to be alone. I have control over my own sh*t that way.” ― Horacio Jones
• “Being alone is not the same as being lonely. It’s just a different way of being.” ― Unknown
• “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
• “The best way to be happy is to learn to enjoy your own company and to be comfortable being alone.” ― Unknown
• “The best part of being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.” ― Justin Timberlake
• “Being alone is a chance to recharge my batteries and reconnect with my inner self.” ― Unknown
• “The key to a happy life is to learn to love your own company and enjoy being alone.” ― Unknown
• “I don’t need anyone else to make me happy; I’ve got myself.” ― Unknown
• “I am happy to be alone, for being alone is not being lonely; it is the sweet freedom of solitude.” ― Unknown
• “Solitude is where I find my happiness; it’s where I find my peace.” ― Unknown
• “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” ― Steve Maraboli
• “Being alone is not lonely, it’s an opportunity to discover your own happiness.” ― Unknown
• “The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness.” ― William Saroyan
• “Spend time with yourself. Fall in love with yourself. You are worthy of love.” ― Unknown
• “You have to be comfortable with being alone before you can be comfortable with someone else.” ― Unknown
• “I like myself better when I’m alone.” ― Unknown
• “The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” ― Steve Jobs
• “There is a certain strength in being alone, a certain purity.” ― J.D. Salinger
• “I enjoy being alone; my spirit is at ease in solitude.” ― Unknown
• “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your handbrake on.” ― Maxwell Maltz
• “One of the main reasons people get stuck in their lives is because they don’t know what they want.” ― Unknown
RELATED: These self-love journal prompts are guaranteed to help you love yourself more
• “True happiness is not something to search for, something that money can buy, or something that is fixed. It comes from within and is a state of mind.” ― Unknown
• “True happiness is not dependent on external conditions; it comes from within.” ― Unknown. It’s been one of my favorite motivational sayings for a very long time.
• “I enjoy my own company, and I don’t need anyone else’s.” ― Unknown
• “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama
• “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” ― Jim Rohn
• “The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.” ― Mitch Albom
• “The greatest gift is a portion of thyself.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
• “I am happiest when I am alone, for I am free to be my authentic self.” ― Unknown
• “I find solace in the fact that I don’t need anyone to understand me to be happy.” ― Unknown
• “Happiness is not the absence of others; it is the presence of oneself.” ― Unknown
• “The best relationship is the one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.” ― Dalai Lama
• “Being alone is not a curse; it’s a blessing. It gives me the space to create my own happiness.” ― Unknown
• “Being alone is not lonely; it’s an opportunity to be your own best friend.” ― Unknown
• “The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.” ― Arthur C. Clarke
• “Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow.” ― Unknown
• “The greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” ― Lao Tzu
• “Alone time is when I distance myself from the voices of the world so I can hear my own.” ― Oprah Winfrey
• “I find happiness in the little things and in being alone with my thoughts.” ― Unknown
• “I don’t need anyone else to validate me; I’m already valuable.” ― Unknown
• “The most powerful leadership tool you have is your own personal example.” ― John Wooden
• “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” ― C. JoyBell C.
• “I find joy in being alone; it’s where I can truly be myself.” ― Unknown
• “The more you know yourself, the less you are likely to be affected by the opinions of others.” ― Unknown
• “It is better to be alone than in bad company.” ― George Washington
• “When you love yourself, you are never alone.” ― Unknown
• “Once you know how to take care of yourself, company becomes an option and not a necessity.” ― Keanu Reeves
• “Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, something to judge. If you are never alone, you cannot know yourself.” ― Paulo Coelho
RELATED: Funny Monday morning quotes to start your week on a happy note
• “We all have our own battles to fight, and sometimes we have to go it alone. I’m stronger than you think, you’d be surprised.” ― Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
• “There is no other company in the world I’ve found more pleasurable than my own. For no one else has ever been as accepting of me or as thoroughly entertained by my quirkiness. It is a sweet thing to like yourself.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
• “Be a loner. That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living.” ― Albert Einstein
• “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” ― Bertrand Russell
• “What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.” ― Ellen Burstyn
• “We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
• “I restore myself when I’m alone.” ― Marilyn Monroe
• “People who smile while they are alone used to be called insane, until we invented smartphones and social media.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
• “I like people too much or not at all. I’ve got to go down deep, to fall into people, to really know them.” ― Sylvia Plath
• “The best version of yourself comes through your solitude, not from seeking the approval of others.” ― Unknown
• “It is a bit of a shock to realize that the person you are in your head is often not the same person that others perceive.” ― Unknown
• “The company of others often masks the good features of solitude.” ― Unknown
• “Solitude is not just the lack of company; it is a constructive use of free time.” ― Unknown. It’s one of my favorite enjoying your own company quotes, for sure.
• “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.” ― Maya Angelou
• “The great extent of human beings is beyond the scope of any one person, any one philosophy, or any one culture.” ― Unknown
• “In the silence of solitude, we can hear our inner voice.” ― Unknown
• “Enjoy the little moments, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ― Unknown
• “A lonely heart is better than a heart full of lies and wrong love.” ― Unknown
• “The most important relationship you can have is the one you have with yourself. A lonely life is not worth living.” ― Unknown
• “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
• “A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It’s having a backbone.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
• “The outside world can only influence us if we let it. We have the power to choose our own path.” ― Unknown
• “It is your own life, certainly, to spend as you choose.” ― Unknown
• “Finding your own voice is a lifelong journey.” ― Unknown
• “Solitude is the power of knowing that you are enough, on your own.” ― Unknown
• “A quiet life is a happy life.” ― Unknown
• “The want of company is not always a bad thing. Sometimes it allows us to get in touch with ourselves.” ― Unknown
• “Surround yourself with the right people, not the wrong ones.” ― Unknown
• “The worst thing you can do is compare yourself to others. It’s a recipe for unhappiness.” ― Unknown
• “The rest of your life is a long time, and whether you know it or not, it’s being shaped right now.” ― Unknown
RELATED: 50 inspiring self-love questions to ask yourself when you’re on your own
These were the best quotes on enjoying your own company in my humble opinion
Do you love being on your own? What’s your go-to activity while spending time alone? Did you like any of these enjoy your own company quotes?