Let’s talk about how to become “it” girl
In this blog post, we’ll talk about how to become that girl.
It’s actually a popular TikTok trend, but I have my own interpretation of that as well since I’m not always a huge fan of these social media trends.
For me, becoming “that girl” means becoming the best version of myself, and that’s what we’re going to focus on today. That’s my take on it.
We all have ideas about who we want to be and what we want to achieve in life. However, the path to becoming our best selves can be difficult and at times overwhelming. That is why I’m here to help!
In this blog post, we’ll look at practical self-improvement tips and strategies that you can start using right away to become the best version of yourself.
This post has something for everyone, whether you want to improve your relationships, learn new skills, or simply find more happiness. So let’s get this party started!
I would like to note that in popular culture, the term “it” girl refers to a woman who has emerged as a trendsetter with a charismatic personality. It usually refers to someone who is attractive, self-assured, and successful in both their personal and professional lives.
Previously, the term was applied to Hollywood starlets and socialites who were known for their fashion, beauty, and lifestyle. Today, the term is often applied more broadly to any woman who has a strong online presence, is influential in their industry, and is regarded as a role model by others.
Becoming an “it” girl is not always a sign of success or fulfillment. It shouldn’t be the sole focus of your self-improvement journey. Instead, concentrate on honing your unique talents, interests, and strengths while remaining true to yourself and your values.
Becoming “that girl” and becoming the best version of yourself can result in a wide range of positive outcomes and benefits. Here are some of the most common outcomes:
• Increased self-esteem and confidence. Your self-esteem and confidence will likely increase as you work on improving yourself and achieving your goals.
• Improved relationships. By becoming the best version of yourself, your relationships with others improve as well. You’ll feel more at ease and secure in your personal relationships. You’ll also experience better teamwork and collaboration at work.
• Increased happiness and life satisfaction. Feeling good about yourself and your life can lead to increased happiness and life satisfaction.
• Improved mental and physical health. Pursuing self-improvement can also benefit your physical and mental health. You’ll feel more energetic and motivated. You’ll also experience less stress and anxiety.
• Increased personal and professional success. You may find that by improving your skills, knowledge, and abilities, you’ll be more successful in both your personal and professional lives.
It’s critical to remember that becoming your best self is a lifelong journey, not a destination. Continuous self-improvement and personal growth will result in positive changes in your life, both internally and externally.
Now let’s talk about how to become that girl.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Let’s talk about how to be that girl in 2023
1. Come up with a proper morning routine
A morning routine can help you set a positive and productive tone for the rest of your day.
Here are some steps to incorporate into your morning routine:
• Wake up at the same time every day. Even on weekends, try to get up at the same time every day. This helps regulate your body clock and can improve your sleep quality. For example, if you need to be at work by 9 a.m., try to get up by 7 a.m. At least that’s the rule I try to follow.
• Hydrate your body. As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of water. This helps rehydrate your body after a night’s sleep and can boost your energy levels.
• Exercise. Incorporating physical activity into your morning routine stinks, I know. However, it can help you feel more energized and happier. You can do some yoga stretches, go for a walk, or do a quick workout.
• Meditate. Meditating for a few minutes can help you clear your mind, reduce stress, and improve your focus. There are many apps and guided meditations available that can help you get started. I also like to use this Breathing Buddha when I practice my deep breathing exercises.
• Eat a healthy breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast can give you the energy and nutrients you need to get your day started. I like to have oatmeal with fruit and nuts, eggs with vegetables, or a smoothie.
• Plan your day. Spend a few minutes planning out your day. This can help you prioritize your tasks and reduce stress. I like to create a to-do list for the day as part of my morning routine. Here’s the only life and goal planner that you need to plan and organize your life.
Remember that your morning routine will differ depending on your specific needs and schedule. The important thing is to figure out what works best for you and make it a habit.
RELATED: Try my self-love morning routine to have a mindful and calm morning
2. Exercise and move your body regularly
Exercising and moving your body on a regular basis can have many advantages for your physical and mental health.
• It benefits physical health. Exercise can boost immune function, improve cardiovascular health, and strengthen muscles and bones. It also lowers the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
• It improves your mood. Endorphins, the “feel-good” hormones that are released by exercise, have been shown to improve mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
• Exercise improves brain function. Regular physical activity is linked to better memory and cognitive function, as well as a lower risk of age-related mental decline.
Here are some examples of exercises to get you started if you want to be that girl:
• Aerobic exercise. Cardio includes activities such as running, cycling, swimming, and jumping rope. Cardio mainly helps improve cardiovascular health.
• Strength training. Weightlifting and bodyweight exercises can help you build muscle and improve bone density. I like using these resistance bands when I work out at home. These are also very affordable.
• Yoga. Yoga is a type of exercise that combines physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation. Its main goal is to improve your flexibility, balance, and mental well-being.
• HIIT. HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, involves alternating short bursts of intense activity with rest periods. It’s an excellent way to improve cardiovascular fitness while also burning calories.
It’s critical to find an exercise that you enjoy and can make a habit of. Most days of the week, aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise. Before starting a new exercise program, consult your doctor if you have any medical conditions.
3. Drink lots of water
Drinking plenty of water is crucial for maintaining good health.
Here are some of the reasons why you should drink plenty of water:
• It hydrates your body. Water makes up the majority of your body, so drinking plenty of it keeps you hydrated and functioning properly.
• Improved physical performance. Water consumption can improve physical performance and reduce fatigue, particularly during exercise.
• It flushes out toxins. Water helps remove toxins from your body. It also guarantees that your kidneys are functioning properly.
• It enhances skin health. Staying hydrated can improve your skin’s appearance and lower your risk of skin problems.
Here are some recommendations to help you drink more water:
• Always carry a water bottle with you. Always carry a reusable water bottle with you and refill it as needed. I really like this inspirational water bottle. It just motivates you to drink more water throughout the day.
• Add flavor. If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try flavoring it with lemon, lime, strawberries, or mint.
• Keep track of your intake. Keep track of how much water you drink throughout the day and aim for at least 8 glasses (64 ounces) per day.
Drinking plenty of water can improve your health and well-being, so give it a shot! You’ll feel better in no time.
4. Eat a healthy diet
If you’re wondering how to become that girl, you should strive for a healthy diet. Eating a nutritious diet is essential for your health and well-being.
Here are some reasons why you should prioritize healthy eating:
• It contains essential nutrients. A healthy diet provides your body with the nutrients it requires to function properly, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
• It promotes physical health. A diet high in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins can help lower the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and even certain types of cancer.
• Improved mental health. A healthy diet has been linked to better mood, less stress and anxiety, and better cognitive function.
Here are some tips to help you eat a healthy diet:
• Half of your plate should be fruits and vegetables. Aim to fill half of your plate with colorful, nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables.
• Select whole grains. Instead of refined grains, choose whole-grain bread, cereals, pasta, and rice.
• Include lean protein. Add lean protein sources to each meal, such as chicken, fish, tofu, or legumes.
• Reduce your intake of added sugars and saturated fats. Consume fewer sugary drinks and foods high in added sugars. Favor healthy fats like olive oil over saturated fats like those found in fatty meats and dairy products.
Eating healthy requires moderation and balance. Don’t feel bad about indulging in your favorite treats in moderation. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up. You got this!
5. Practice self-care
Self-care is essential for your health and happiness.
Here are some basic suggestions for self-care:
• Get enough rest. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night to improve both your physical and mental health.
• Exercise on a regular basis. Going for a walk, taking a yoga class, or participating in sports can all improve your mood and reduce stress.
• Connect with others. Spending time with friends, family, or loved ones can improve your relationships and lift your mood.
• Do things you enjoy. Make time every week to do something you enjoy, such as reading, crafting, or watching a movie.
• Take a break from technology. Disconnecting from technology can help you reduce stress and improve your well-being.
• Treat yourself. Give yourself a treat, whether it’s a massage, a fancy dinner, or a weekend away.
Self-care is all about looking after yourself and doing things that make you happy and peaceful. Take time for yourself without feeling guilty, and don’t be too hard on yourself if you have a setback. You deserve to take care of yourself, so go ahead and treat yourself!
RELATED: 5-minute self-care activities to treat yourself after a stressful day
6. Don’t forget proper skincare
Skin care is essential for both your physical and emotional well-being.
Here are some pointers to get you started:
• Create a routine. Create and stick to a consistent skincare routine that works for you. This includes cleansing, moisturizing, and applying sunscreen.
• Choose products that are suitable for your skin type. Choose skincare products based on your skin type, whether it is oily, dry, or a combination. Keep an eye out for ingredients that work well for you and stay away from those that cause irritation or breakouts.
• Get enough rest. Make sure you get enough sleep each night. A lack of sleep can cause dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, as well as dull and tired skin.
• Drink plenty of water. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Skin that is well-hydrated is healthier and more radiant.
• Avoid using harsh products. Avoid using harsh skincare products with high alcohol content. These can strip the skin of its natural oils, causing dryness and irritation.
Here are some examples of easy-to-follow skincare routines:
• Wash your face with a gentle cleanser every morning and night.
• Apply a good moisturizer while your skin is still damp from cleansing.
• Use a nourishing face mask or salicylic acid exfoliant once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and improve skin texture.
• Wear a hat or apply a broad-spectrum SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to your skin every day to protect it from the sun.
Taking care of your skin is all about figuring out what works best for you and sticking to it. If you have any concerns or questions, please seek the advice of a dermatologist. Your skin will appreciate it!
7. Dress nicely and wear clothes that make you feel good
Dressing nicely and wearing clothes that make you feel good can make a significant difference in your confidence and mood.
Here are some pointers to get you started if you want to become an “it” girl:
• Find your personal style. Spend some time determining which styles and colors make you feel confident and at ease. Don’t be afraid to try new things and experiment.
• Invest in high-quality items. Invest in a few quality pieces that you can wear frequently and feel great in, such as a nice pair of shoes or a well-fitting blazer.
• Accessorize. Accessorize your outfits with jewelry, scarves, or hats to add a personal touch.
• Check the fit. Check that your clothes fit properly and are comfortable to wear. Nothing ruins a good outfit like feeling uneasy all day.
• Pay close attention to the details. Pay attention to the little things, like making sure your clothes are ironed and your shoes are clean. These small gestures can have a significant impact on how you feel and how others perceive you.
Dressing nicely and wearing clothes that make you feel good is all about expressing yourself and feeling comfortable in your own skin. Don’t be afraid to try new things outside of your comfort zone. Simply focus on what makes you happy and keep experimenting until you find your ideal style.
RELATED: Some practical tricks to consider while learning to dress confidently every day
8. Journaling, meditation, and affirmations are your best friends
Journaling, meditation, and affirmations are all effective ways to improve your mental and emotional well-being. Who doesn’t love these positive activities? Learning how to become that girl has never been easier!
Here are some pointers on how to begin with these healthy habits:
• Journaling. Every day, write down your thoughts and feelings in a journal. I like to use this one-minute gratitude journal. Besides, journaling can help you process your emotions, reflect on your experiences, and identify patterns and areas for improvement.
• Meditation. Take some time each day to clear your mind and concentrate on your breathing. Meditation can help you reduce stress, improve your focus and concentration, and feel calmer and more peaceful.
• Affirmations. Practice positive affirmations every day. “I am worthy and deserving of love and happiness,” for example, or “I am capable and strong.” Affirmations can help you gain confidence and improve your outlook. I also love these positive affirmation cards. How cute are these?!
While these practices require time and effort, the benefits are well worth it. Start small and incorporate one of these practices into your daily routine at a time. And don’t be too hard on yourself if you experience a setback. The important thing is to keep trying and being consistent in your efforts.
RELATED: A new Tiktok trend, the Vanilla Girl aesthetic
9. Start setting realistic goals
Setting goals can help you focus your efforts and work toward your life goals.
Here are some tips on how to set small, attainable goals:
• Be specific. Make certain that your goals are specific and well-defined. Instead of “eating healthier,” set a goal to “eat two servings of fruits and vegetables every day.”
• Make your goals attainable. Make certain that your goals are both attainable and realistic. Start with small, manageable goals that you can gradually work on.
• Establish a schedule. Set a deadline for yourself to work toward. This can help you remain motivated and focused.
• Write them down. Make a list of your goals and post them somewhere you’ll see them every day. This can help you stay focused and remind you of your goals. Here’s a non-dated weekly planner that you can also use. I really like the pink one.
• Celebrate your accomplishments. Celebrate your small victories to keep yourself motivated and on track.
Here are some examples of small, attainable goals:
• Start a daily meditation practice of 5 minutes.
• Read for 30 minutes before bed every night.
• Drink 8 cups of water every day.
• Do the dishes immediately after dinner.
Goal-setting is a process, and it’s fine to make mistakes or change your goals along the way. The key is to be consistent and persistent in your efforts and to continue striving for your goals.
RELATED: Learn to set and achieve your weekly goals with ease (+ good weekly goal ideas)
10. Always be your authentic self
Being your true self involves accepting who you are rather than attempting to conform to societal expectations or fit into a mold.
Here are some pointers to get you started:
• Learn more about yourself. Spend some time thinking about your values, beliefs, interests, and personality. Learn about the characteristics that make you who you are. Here are over 200 questions you can ask yourself for self-discovery.
• Accept your flaws. Everyone has flaws and imperfections, and that’s perfectly fine. Rather than trying to hide or change your flaws, accept them as part of who you are.
• Surround yourself with people who are positive. Instead of attempting to change you, seek out friends and family who accept and support you for who you are. People around us have a huge impact on us.
• Be true to your values. Stand up for what you believe in, even if it is unpopular or unconventional.
• Be confident. Believe in yourself and your abilities, and don’t let other people’s opinions hold you back.
• Do what you love. Spend time doing things that bring you joy, such as hobbies or interests that reflect your values and beliefs.
• Accept your uniqueness, and don’t be afraid to stand out. Believe in yourself and your abilities. Don’t let fear prevent you from achieving your goals and dreams.
Being your true self requires courage and confidence, but it’s well worth it. Accept yourself and live life on your own terms. You’ll be happier and more fulfilled as a result!
11. Being organized is the key
Being organized can help reduce stress and boost productivity.
Here are some tips to help you get organized to finally live that girl lifestyle:
• Create a to-do list. Make a list of everything you need to do for the day, week, or month. Prioritize tasks according to importance and deadline. Here’s a colorful and practical to-do list that I like to use.
• Declutter. Get rid of anything you don’t need or use, such as old clothes, papers, or unused electronics. This will free up physical and mental space, making it easier to concentrate on what matters.
• Come up with a filing system. Having a system for organizing papers and documents, whether physical or digital, can help reduce clutter. It also makes it easier to find what you need.
• Have designated areas. Set aside specific areas for specific tasks, such as a home office for work or a place for your keys and wallet.
• Use reminders. Create reminders on your phone or computer to help you remember important tasks and appointments.
• Create routines. A routine can help you better prioritize and manage your time. For example, you could make it a habit to do a quick clean-up before bed each night or to go over your to-do list first thing in the morning.
Getting organized takes time and effort, but the benefits far outweigh the costs. Start small, focus on one area at a time, and don’t be too hard on yourself if you experience a setback.
RELATED: Yes, you can do some simple organizing in your life in just one week
12. Keep learning and being curious
Continuous learning is essential for personal and professional development. This is one of my favorite life tips for girls because educating yourself is really important.
Here are some ideas to keep learning:
• Read books or articles. Read books or articles on topics that interest you to broaden your knowledge and perspective.
• Consider taking online classes. Use online learning platforms like Coursera or Udemy to learn new skills or gain knowledge in areas that interest you.
• Participate in workshops or conferences. Attend workshops or conferences to learn from industry experts and network with others in your industry.
• Experiment with new things. To challenge yourself and expand your skills and knowledge, try new experiences such as learning a new language or taking up a new hobby.
• Surround yourself with knowledgeable people. Look for ways to surround yourself with knowledgeable people, such as by joining a study group or a book club.
• Reflect and analyze. Take some time to think about what you’ve learned and how you can apply it to your life and work.
Remember that learning is an ongoing process, and there is always something new to learn. Don’t be afraid to try new things and step outside of your comfort zone, and don’t be too hard on yourself if you fail. Accept the learning process and keep growing!
13. Change your mindset if necessary
A negative mindset can have an impact on your mental health and well-being. The good news is that it is changeable.
Here are some steps you can take to change your mindset and eliminate negative thoughts:
• Practice gratitude. Make it a habit to think about the things you’re grateful for, no matter how minor. You can write them down in a journal or go over them mentally every day. This can help shift your attention away from negative thoughts and toward positive ones.
Here’s a gratitude journal that requires only a few minutes of your day.
• Challenge your negative thoughts. When you have a negative thought, give it some thought. This is among my favorite life hacks for girls because it makes a huge difference in your life.
Check to see if it’s true and if there’s evidence to back it up. If it’s not true, try to spin it in a more favorable light. Instead of thinking, “I can’t do this,” consider, “I can learn and grow from this experience.”
• Surround yourself with positive people. Spend time with people who encourage you and make you happy. Avoid spending time with people who bring you down or reinforce negative thoughts.
• Concentrate on the present moment. Instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, try to live in the present moment. Focus on what you’re doing right now. You can also try some mindfulness practices, such as meditation or deep breathing.
I found a lot of help from this mindfulness-based stress reduction workbook. It’s also therapist-recommended.
• Take care of yourself. Make self-care a priority, whether through exercise, reading, or simply taking a relaxing bath. Get enough sleep, eat a well-balanced diet, and participate in activities that you enjoy. Self-care can help improve your mood and well-being.
• Accept change. Accept change and be open to new experiences. This can help you grow and develop as a person, as well as increase your sense of happiness and fulfillment.
Changing a negative mindset takes time and effort, but with determination, you can do it. Treat yourself with patience and kindness.
RELATED: Learn to finally master your mindset with the help of these practical pointers
So that’s my take on how to become that girl in 2023
What activities do you practice to become a better version of yourself? Share your secrets and tips with me!
1 thought on “How to Become That Girl in 2023 (+a Practical Daily Checklist)”
This is a great post Laura! I really like your tip on experimenting with new things. I try to practice being a better me by taking risks as often as I can.