120 motivational life mottos to live by
I’m thrilled to dive into a topic that’s near and dear to my heart: life mottos to live by. You see, life is an incredible journey, and along the way, we all need a guiding light, a mantra, or a simple phrase that keeps us inspired and motivated.
As a woman navigating the twists and turns of life, I’ve come to realize just how powerful these mottos can be.
In this blog post, we’re going to explore a collection of life mottos to live by that have not only transformed my own life but have also touched the lives of countless others on their personal growth journeys.
These mottos aren’t just words; they’re powerful reminders of the values and principles that can help us thrive in this beautiful, messy world.
What are life mottos?
They’re like tiny reminders of how we want to live our lives and what’s important to us. These mottos can be short and sweet, like “Stay positive” or “Never give up.” They act like guiding stars, helping us make decisions, stay motivated, and be our best selves.
Why should I have a motto to live by?
Having a motto to live by is like having a little compass for your life’s journey. Here are a few reasons why it’s a good idea:
Life can be a bit like a maze, with lots of choices and decisions to make. Your motto is like a friendly sign that helps you make the right choices. It’s there to remind you of your values and what’s important to you.
Sometimes, life can be tough, and you might feel like giving up. Your motto can be your cheerleader. When things get hard, it whispers in your ear, “You can do it!” and helps you keep going.
Staying true to yourself
Your motto reflects who you are and what you stand for. It’s like a promise you make to yourself about how you want to live your life. It helps you stay true to yourself and not be swayed by what others think or do.
Your motto can be a source of happiness. When you follow it, you’re more likely to feel content and satisfied because you’re living in a way that feels right for you.
Many mottos are positive and uplifting. When you keep hearing and repeating these positive words, they can change your mindset for the better. It’s like having a sunny outlook on life, even when it’s cloudy outside.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
How do I use these inspirational life mottos to live by?
First, write down your chosen motto or mottos somewhere you can see them every day. It could be a sticky note on your mirror or a note in your phone. This way, you’ll see it often, and it’ll stay in your mind.
Take a moment now and then to think about what your motto means to you. Ask yourself questions like, “How can I apply this motto to my life today?” This reflection helps you connect the motto to your daily actions.
When you’re faced with a decision, big or small, think about your motto. Ask yourself, “Does this choice align with my motto?” If it does, it’s likely a good choice. If not, you might want to reconsider.
If your motto is about staying positive, use it as a tool to shift your mindset when things get tough. Repeat it to yourself like a mantra. For example, if your motto is “Stay positive,” say it in your mind when faced with challenges to help you stay optimistic.
Your motto can inspire you to set meaningful goals. For instance, if your motto is “Never give up,” use it as motivation to pursue your dreams and persist even when faced with setbacks.
Share and inspire
Don’t keep your motto all to yourself. Share it with friends or family. You might inspire them, and they can help remind you of it when you need it most.
When you see that your motto is helping you make positive changes in your life, celebrate your progress. It’s like a pat on the back for staying true to your values.
Personal mottos for love and compassion
- “Love unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.”
- “Compassion is the language of the heart.”
- “Embrace differences with an open heart.”
- “Kindness is the greatest act of love.”
- “Spread love like confetti.”
- “Forgive, for your heart’s sake.”
- “Love is the answer, no matter the question.”
- “In love, we find our true selves.”
- “Compassion heals the wounds we cannot see.”
- “Let your heart be your compass.”
- “Empathy is love in action.”
- “Love is the thread that binds us all.”
- “Find joy in spreading kindness.”
- “Compassion starts with a listening heart.”
- “Love grows when shared.”
- “Small acts of kindness have a big impact.”
- “See the world through the eyes of compassion.”
- “Love is the greatest force in the universe.”
- “Kindness is the truest form of love.”
- “Embrace others with an open heart, and you’ll find love.”
Famous mottos to live by
- “Carpe Diem” – Seize the day.
- “To be or not to be, that is the question.” – Shakespeare
- “Eureka!” – I found it! (attributed to Archimedes)
- “I think, therefore I am.” – René Descartes
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Live and let live.” – Unknown
- “Just do it.” – Nike
- “Actions speak louder than words.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
- “Know thyself.” – Socrates
- “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil
- “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” – Unknown
- “In God we trust.” – U.S. national motto
- “The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- “Live the life you love; love the life you live.” – Bob Marley
- “In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.” – Sun Tzu
- “Ad astra per aspera” – Through hardships to the stars (Kansas state motto)
- “No pain, no gain.” – Jane Fonda
Motivational life mottos for success
- “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “Dream big, work hard.”
- “Embrace the journey, not just the destination.”
- “The harder you work, the luckier you get.” – Gary Player
- “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”
- “Your only limit is you.”
- “Believe in yourself, and you will be unstoppable.”
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Do what you love; love what you do.”
- “Success is a journey, not a destination.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
- “The road to success is always under construction.” – Lily Tomlin
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Set goals, crush them, and repeat.”
- “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
- “Strive for progress, not perfection.”
- “Success is not for the chosen few; it’s for the few who choose it.”
- “Chase your dreams until you catch them.”
Life mottos to spread kindness
- “Kindness costs nothing but means everything.”
- “Throw kindness around like confetti.”
- “Be the reason someone smiles today.”
- “Small acts of kindness can change the world.”
- “Choose kindness and laugh often.”
- “Kindness is a gift everyone can afford.”
- “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.”
- “Kind hearts are the gardens; kind thoughts are the roots; kind words are the flowers; and kind deeds are the fruits.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Plant seeds of kindness and watch them grow.”
- “Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.”
- “Radiate kindness like sunshine; it brightens up the world.”
- “Kindness is the key to unlocking hearts.”
- “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
- “The world is full of kind people; if you can’t find one, be one.”
- “Kindness is free; sprinkle that stuff everywhere.”
- “Kindness is contagious; let’s start an epidemic.”
- “Kindness is the greatest wisdom.”
- “A little kindness goes a long way.”
- “You can’t do all the good the world needs, but the world needs all the good you can do.”
Life mottos for self-love and mental health
- “You are enough just as you are.”
- “Self-care is not selfish; it’s self-love.”
- “Your mental health matters.”
- “I am worthy of love and happiness.”
- “Healing begins with self-compassion.”
- “Embrace your imperfections; they make you unique.”
- “It’s okay not to be okay.”
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.”
- “Inner peace is the new success.”
- “You are stronger than you think.”
- “Happiness starts with self-acceptance.”
- “Your worth is not determined by others’ opinions.”
- “Self-love is the greatest revolution.”
- “Take care of your body; it’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
- “The most important relationship you have is with yourself.”
- “Be gentle with yourself; you’re doing the best you can.”
- “Self-love is the best kind of love.”
- “Your mind is your sanctuary; treat it with care.”
- “Embrace your flaws, for they are what make you human.”
- “You are the author of your own story; make it a beautiful one.”
What are your favorite life mottos to live by?
I’m a personal growth and self-care expert, as well as an avid motorcycle enthusiast and coffee and sweets lover. Through Lauraconteuse, I provide insightful and practical advice on topics such as self-care, self-love, personal growth, and productivity, drawing from my very own extensive experience and knowledge in the field. My blog has helped countless people achieve their goals and live more fulfilling lives, and my goal is to continue to inspire and empower others.