Here’s a list of 100 reasons to love yourself
I know firsthand how hard it can be to love yourself, especially after you’ve experienced so many setbacks. However, self-love plays a huge part in your overall life, so it’s really important to practice it. That’s why I decided to come up with this list of 100 things to love about yourself.
Everything in life has a connection to who we are. If you don’t love yourself, how can you love and respect others or your loved ones? It’s not always easy to learn to love yourself, but with some tips, you can improve your connection with yourself in many different ways.
Learning to love yourself is the one thing that can solve a lot of issues. It’s quite remarkable how much your life improves if you begin to love yourself more on a daily basis. It will add great value to your life.
You can quickly find new and close friends and companions who genuinely love you if you start loving yourself. You can also have the career you’ve always wanted and the courage you need.
Before we talk about things to love about yourself, we need to talk about how to love yourself. I’ve provided you with some useful advice in order to help you learn to love yourself, so take a deep breath, grab a hot drink, and let’s dive into it.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
How to love yourself more?
Treat yourself as you would treat those you love. That’s what self-love means. The relationship you have with yourself is the most crucial one in your life, despite the fact that it may sound cliche. So, why not treat yourself as you would a best friend, mother, or other loved one?
Make a list of how you handle the people you care about. Then start treating yourself the same way.
Compliment yourself, check in with yourself to see if everything is alright, smile in front of the mirror before bed, and wish yourself a good night. Self-love is the same as loving others, despite the fact that it may at first appear unusual.
Pay close attention to your diet. Your diet should reflect your love for yourself. You are what you consume, as you’re undoubtedly aware. It’s kind of true that food acts as information, telling your body what to do.
The key thing is to love your body enough to offer it things that will make it feel good. After all, the finest present you can offer yourself is good health. Eat the things you enjoy guilt-free, since enjoyment is crucial.
This includes food off the plate. Your brain experiences negative effects from eating junk food just as your body does. You do get nutrition from social media, the shows you watch, the podcasts you listen to, and the books you read.
Make sure you choose the healthiest options; instead of watching time-wasting television shows, read motivating literature. A good book will have a much more positive impact on your life. PS: You should suspend or unfollow Instagram users whose following makes you feel bad.
Learn about yourself. Although you have existed in your physical form since birth, how well do you actually know yourself? Are you aware of what brings you joy and what you hope for from life? If you’re unsure about who you are, it’s impossible to love yourself.
The only true way to find out is to spend some time reflecting on your values, beliefs, and areas of strength. Being honest with yourself is a necessary part of getting to know yourself because insecurities can result in delusions and self-deception.
Enjoy life. You can still recall the things from your childhood that gave you joy. Reintroduce these elements into your life. Enjoy every small thing you do for yourself. Try the things you’ve only ever fantasized about.
Give yourself permission to enjoy life. Express gratitude. Laugh a lot. Always maintain a positive attitude. Give everyone you know a hug! Your life will be a joyful and loving place if you do this.
Be understanding with yourself. Instead of hating your ideas, be appreciative that they exist so you can change them. Turning negative ideas into positive ones requires awareness of your thoughts. Nothing will change overnight, but if you make steady progress, significant improvements will happen.
Talk to yourself like you’re a kid. This is one of my favorite acts of self-love. It can be a little bit unnatural the first time, but you’ll slowly get used to it. It’s a great way to connect with your inner child and start healing on your self-love journey.
Our internal conversation constantly supports or undermines our ability to love ourselves. The way you think, talk to yourself, and see the world isn’t necessarily who you are.
If you alter your inner voice, you can alter how you perceive yourself. Try talking to yourself like a child. When we think of ourselves as children rather than adults, we’re frequently more tolerant and loving.
What I also suggest you do is take some examples from this list of 100 things to love about yourself and repeat them to yourself every day as part of your daily routine. They basically work as affirmations.
Stop scaring yourself. You can do a lot of damage to yourself with your thoughts, and thinking about how terrifying your life may become will make it so.
Forgive yourself. Holding on to things we’ve done in the past is a classic barrier to self-love. Perhaps it was a humiliating incident that you still think about. It could have been a significant mistake that continues to bother you.
Instead, reflect on how you have evolved since those events. Recognize how your worst experiences have made you better, kinder, and stronger. You wouldn’t be where you are today without a horrible relationship, and you wouldn’t have discovered your current hobby if you hadn’t been fired.
With the information and understanding you had at the time, you did your best. Your actions have always been morally correct. It was a lesson you needed to learn, and now that you’ve matured and developed, you know how to live differently.
Establish a support system for yourself. Make connections with others and accept their assistance. You don’t have to do everything by yourself; others are eager to help. Start with small steps while learning to ask for help. To seek assistance when you need it from others takes genuine strength.
Suppress all criticism. Stop criticizing yourself and other people, because it doesn’t change anything. The changes are unfavorable if you criticize yourself, but good if you give yourself credit. Accept yourself as you are; tell yourself, “I appreciate and love myself the way I am.”
Praise builds up the soul, while criticism weakens it spiritually. To experience spiritual growth, give yourself the highest possible praise. Praise yourself every time you accomplish something.
Read this list of positive things about yourself every day if necessary, and you’ll start to see some change soon. Positive inner talk works wonders. Trust me, it will make a huge difference in your life.
If you feel that way, say “no”. Boundaries let other people know that you both deserve and expect respect from them. Saying “no” to things you feel like you don’t want to do indicates that you’re putting your needs ahead of those of other people.
Every time you say yes when you really mean no, you’re placing the demands of others above your own, which implies that you are not a priority for yourself.
A sincere “yes” will make you feel good without making you second-guess or worry about whether you said the right thing. When you feel like it, say yes, and when you don’t, say no.
Now let’s talk about 100 reasons to love yourself
- You want to get better. Although wanting to be a better person may appear to be a small step, it’s a significant first step toward actually becoming a better person.
- Your mind is a powerful force. It inspires you throughout the day.
- Your creativity. You can come up with great and innovative ideas because of your powerful imagination. As they say, imagination knows no bounds!
- Your confidence. Optimism symbolizes a positive outlook on future events.
- Your friendliness. The atmosphere around you is always brighter because of your great sense of humor and likeable personality!
- Your bravery. FEAR can mean either “forget everything and run” or “face everything and rise.” It is your bravery that allows you to face your fears and step outside of your comfort zone.
- Negative emotions. Anxiety, depression, and negative self-talk are telling you that something needs to change in your life.
- You always have some fantastic ideas. Having a different perspective allows you to come up with good things.
- Your aspiration. Have you got a job? Are you actively seeking employment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, it indicates that you have some specific goals and are willing to take better care of yourself.
- You have the ability to read and write. Not everyone can read or write. There are approximately 750 million adults who are illiterate. It’s a luxury that will improve your life.
- Your vision is crystal clear.
- Consistency. No setback or hard time will deter you if you are determined to achieve or obtain something.
- Discipline. Discipline is highly valued in your eyes, and you always take important matters and personal things seriously.
- Justice. Truth and justice are the foundations of your existence. You work hard to achieve your goals fairly, rather than through manipulation, deception, or insidiousness.
- Your organs are in good working order. It might not be the first thing you think about when you think about 100 things to love about yourself, but you literally wouldn’t exist without your organs.
- Passion. Anyone will notice the powerful passion that gives you strength if you are genuinely interested in something!
- Your memory. Your life is the accumulation of your memories. Your memories help you remember the past and make decisions that shape your future.
- You can overcome any obstacle and jump over any hurdle. Even on bad days, you’ll find the silver lining and enjoy the little things, no matter what life throws at you.
- Your freedom. Because the majority of us are born free, we take it for granted. However, not everyone has the right to choose or the freedom to express themselves.
- Your body is a powerful healer. Your physical health is good.
- Your ability to succeed is limitless. You can keep going for a long time.
- Your ingenuity. Monotony drives you insane, so you are constantly on the lookout for new ways to approach things and situations. For me, that’s one of my favorite things I love about myself.
- You can actually do what you want.
- You’re a good communicator. Even though we live in the internet age and most things can be done online, you are still an excellent communicator.
- Your tolerance for stress is high. You have the ability to organize your own schedule and avoid burnout.
- Your home. You are extremely fortunate to have a place to sleep and a roof over your head. According to research, there are over 100 million homeless people.
- Your blood is pure.
- You accomplish something that makes you proud of yourself every day.
- You take positive actions that lead to positive change. Every day, you’re doing the right things.
- Directness. You are straightforward and honest. Mind games are not in your mental toolbox.
- Attractiveness. Your allure is unstoppable!
- You are exceptionally wise.
- Flexibility. You are very adaptable due to your open nature. You can fully appreciate the moment!
- Optimism. Setbacks and failures don’t deter you for long.
- Intelligence. Your natural intelligence is very endearing.
- Loyalty. You will keep your word if you have promised something.
- You never stop learning from your mistakes.
- You have mental, physical, and spiritual strength. You also have adequate self-esteem.
- Your diplomacy. You are a true diplomat who can accept opposing viewpoints in a balanced manner.
- You have a big heart and are capable of forgiving others.
- Independence. You prefer to be independent, both mentally and financially. You’re not afraid to take care of your own needs. You’re also not afraid to have some alone time from time to time.
- Your health. You have relatively good health and no major issues.
- Creativity. You are naturally creative, so you will not become bogged down in problems, but you will be able to change course quickly if necessary and find solutions to situations that will move the business forward. This is what I love about myself the most, too.
- Balance. You are upbeat and passionate, but not childish, frivolous, or irresponsible. You take care of your own well-being while also paying attention to others.
- Reliability. You are trustworthy because you always do your best to keep your promises.
- Your ability to self-sacrifice. You, like a true knight, are always willing to make sacrifices for the sake of your loved ones.
- Realism. You always keep two feet on the ground. Your actions and dreams are realistic, which is why you generally carry out your own plans.
- Tactfulness. You know how to make things work for you, but you’re not sneaky or hypocritical. For me, that’s a really good example of things I like about myself.
- Your patience. You are willing to wait patiently in order to achieve your goals because the best fruits are produced after a lengthy ripening process. You prioritize quality over speed.
- You’ve learned some valuable lessons. All of the knowledge you’ve gained will enable you to do things more efficiently, effectively, and proactively.
- You have survived. You’re here to accomplish amazing things and try new experiences that the world has to offer.
- Your mobility. According to studies, one in every 50 Americans suffers from paralysis. If your mobility isn’t one of the best things to like about yourself physically, then I don’t know what is.
- You have lovely qualities to offer the world.
- Your ability to hear. Imagine your world was perpetually silent. You wouldn’t be able to hear your favorite songs again or hear someone important tell you that they love you. Besides, you’re a good listener.
- Adventurousness. You are always willing to take risks in order to maintain excitement. After all, a meaningful life is a wild ride!
- Intuitiveness. Rather than relying on logical facts, you usually rely on your mystical intuition. You can afford it because your instincts are generally correct!
- Your body is stunning in its natural state. You enjoy eating good food.
- The ability to see. There are many people who live but are unable to see the world around them. There are approximately 45 million blind people in the world.
- You’re capable of dealing with adversity. You know that even when bad things happen, you’re still living a happy life and trying to be the best version of yourself.
- Versatility. You have a long list of interests and things that fascinate you. You are always willing to try new things and never give up.
- You enjoy learning new things and gaining new skills. You’re a fast learner.
- Your life wisdom. You are wise, mature, and realistic. You’re able to achieve great things.
- Ambition. You are always striving for the brightest stars and will go to any length to achieve them!
- Your possibilities. Times can be good or bad, but in either case, tomorrow is a new day. You have a bright future ahead of you, and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
- Kindness. You extend your helping hand with great pleasure to those in the greatest need. You have a very likeable character and treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- You look fantastic in any outfit.
- Every day, you get stronger. You’re not afraid to enjoy your own company.
- Your mind. Your thoughts, memories, pain, happiness, and even your confidence and ambition are all created by your mind. Because of your mind, you are who you are. Your mind is what allows you to survive in today’s world, whether emotionally, financially, or physically. Your mind is one of your most powerful organs.
- You’re philosophical. You enjoy debating philosophical or spiritual issues for hours on end.
- Romanticism. You have a very romantic personality. You always do everything in life in the name of noble love!
- Your enthusiasm. You are extremely enthusiastic and full of joie de vivre, which can be downright contagious at times! This is what I love about myself the most. I’m one of the most enthusiastic people I know.
- Your excellent adaptability. You are a good adaptor; you are naturally flexible, and you will definitely achieve more in business right away.
- Your animals. Pets are one of the most important things in your life. Pets will provide you with unconditional love and unending attention.
- Your accuracy. Not a single detail, no matter how minor, escapes your keen eye.
- Caution. You are not impulsive by nature, so you never take unnecessary risks. You don’t want to jeopardize your stability and peace of mind for the sake of entertainment!
- You’re caring. Your genuine love and admiration for your loved ones are as deep as the ocean.
- You’re able to work. It is a luxury to be able to work and earn money. However, you don’t focus on material things too much. Instead, you enjoy the beautiful things the present moment has to offer.
- You believe in what you’re doing. Even the most well-known corporations, such as Apple, Nike, and Amazon, were once just ideas in someone’s head.
- You are a positive person who attracts positive people. This makes you a great friend.
- You use your abilities to assist others. This is among the 100 things about me that I’m very proud of.
- Your generosity. No one will forget your admirable kindness and willingness to assist!
- Your imagination. You can find new solutions by thinking abstractly and innovatively, thanks to your powerful imagination.
- Spontaneity. One of your guiding forces is your ability to think and act spontaneously.
- Your sense of taste. Think about what life would be like without pizza or Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
- The fact that you are no longer the same person you were five years ago. You’ve evolved into a better version of yourself. You’re no longer the person you were five years ago. You’ve improved, become smarter, and matured.
- You have tremendous potential. This is a good example of 100 things to love about yourself because your potential is literally limitless.
- You have the confidence to say “no” on occasion.
- Positivity. You can always get up quickly after a fall because of your endless optimism. You have things in your life for which you’re immensely grateful.
- Concentration ability. Your ability to focus is legendary! It is impossible to stop you once you have set a goal for yourself.
- Courage. There is probably nothing in this world that you should fear as an equal opponent, whether it is darkness, speed, paranormal phenomena, or strangers.
- You use every criticism to help you become a better person. However, you’re not dwelling on other people’s opinions too much.
- Intellectuality. You were born with a mind! You are always eager to learn new things, and you’re having a good time while doing that.
- Your mental health. According to the World Health Organization, 970 million people worldwide suffer from some form of mental illness. Never underestimate the importance of your mental health.
- Analyticity. Your analytical abilities will help you solve even the most difficult problems.
- Practicality. You are practical and do not believe in living in a fantasy world; instead, you are always in touch with reality.
- Empathy. Your ability to understand others makes you a good friend.
- Your selflessness. Helping others is as natural to you as breathing.
- Loyalty. Your loyalty and kindness are outstanding. This is certainly among the 100 things I like about myself because I’m very-very loyal.
- Strong self-management abilities and the courage to make decisions. You know how to effectively manage your time and complete tasks that you are hesitant about completing by the deadline. You can also tell the difference between what is important and what is not.
- You have talent. You’re not afraid to show it.
How to use this list of 100 things to love about yourself?
- Find a quiet space. Set aside some time in a calm and comfortable place where you can focus on yourself. Make sure you won’t be interrupted so you can fully enjoy this self-reflection session.
- Take your time. Instead of rushing through the list, go through it slowly. Take a moment to think about each item and truly understand and appreciate it. Let the positive qualities sink in.
- Keep an open mind. Approach the list with an open and curious mindset. It’s normal to feel unsure about some things or have doubts. But allow yourself to explore and challenge those thoughts as you read through the list.
- Embrace your uniqueness. Remember, this list is all about you! Every item highlights a special quality or characteristic that makes you who you are. Embrace and celebrate your individuality.
- Be kind to yourself. As you go through the list, practice being kind and compassionate to yourself. It’s okay to love and appreciate yourself. Let go of any self-judgment or criticism that may come up.
- Make it your own. While the list is a great starting point, feel free to add your own qualities or achievements that aren’t on the list. Personalize it to reflect your own journey and growth.
- Write it down. Consider keeping a journal to write down your thoughts and reflections as you go through the list. Note how each item resonates with you and how it contributes to your self-love journey. It’s a great way to discover more about yourself.
- Share with someone you trust. If you feel comfortable, talk about your favorite items from the list with a close friend or family member. Sharing your discoveries can deepen your understanding of yourself and strengthen your bond with others.
- Review and update. Revisit the list from time to time to remind yourself of the things you love about yourself. You might find that your perspective changes and new qualities or achievements emerge. Update the list accordingly.
- Enjoy the process. Remember, self-love is a lifelong journey, not something you achieve overnight. Embrace the process of getting to know and love yourself more. Use the list as a tool to remind yourself of the wonderful qualities that make you unique and deserving of love.
Let’s talk about the value of finding things to love about yourself and the power of self-love
When you find things to love about yourself, it’s like discovering a treasure chest full of positivity and self-appreciation. It means recognizing and embracing your special qualities, strengths, and accomplishments. Taking the time to appreciate these things can really boost your self-esteem!
Self-love isn’t about being conceited or selfish. It’s about respecting and accepting who you are as a person. It’s about knowing that you matter and treating yourself with kindness. When you truly love yourself, it helps you grow and be happier.
One amazing thing about self-love is that it improves your overall well-being. When you love and accept yourself, you feel more peaceful and content inside. You don’t rely as much on what others think of you because you know your own worth. This confidence helps you handle life’s ups and downs better.
Self-love also helps you have healthier relationships. When you love yourself, you set boundaries and attract people who treat you well. You can recognize unhealthy relationships and let go of negativity. When you value yourself, others are more likely to value you too.
Self-love also helps you grow as a person. When you love yourself, you believe in your abilities and chase your dreams. You want to learn new things, take risks, and try new experiences. Self-love pushes you forward and helps you create a life that makes you happy.
These were the 100 things to love about yourself
I showed you my list of things I like about myself. Now it’s time for you to come up with your own list. What do you love about yourself? Do you practice self-love? Share your thoughts with me in the comments below. I’d love to hear them!
I’m a personal growth and self-care expert, as well as an avid motorcycle enthusiast and coffee and sweets lover. Through Lauraconteuse, I provide insightful and practical advice on topics such as self-care, self-love, personal growth, and productivity, drawing from my very own extensive experience and knowledge in the field. My blog has helped countless people achieve their goals and live more fulfilling lives, and my goal is to continue to inspire and empower others.