Here’s a list of some deep questions about self-love
The road to self-love is not always easy. That is why I wrote a post about self-love questions to ask yourself to help you learn to love yourself a bit more every day.
Your most important relationship in life is the one you have with yourself. If you don’t love and respect yourself, how can you love and respect others?
It happens quite often that we expect from others what we’re unable to give ourselves for various reasons.
The same is true for self-love. We expect that others will love us, and we’re disappointed when they don’t do that.
At the same time, we forget that, at some point, we stopped loving ourselves. It’s critical that we treat ourselves with respect and love.
We’ve all heard the phrase, “You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.” But we don’t always understand what it means or how to get there.
Without further ado, let’s move on to the questions about self-love that will help you get there!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Here are some of my favorite self-acceptance questions for self-love
- How am I currently feeling?
- What makes me laugh the most?
- Is my personality introverted or extroverted?
- Who is the most trustworthy person in my life?
- How would I describe myself to a total stranger?
- What is my favorite feature of my face, and why?
- What is one fact about myself that most people are unaware of?
- What is one thing I enjoy, and why should others enjoy it as well?
- What are the limiting beliefs that prevent me from loving myself more?
- What is one thing that seems important now but will be irrelevant in five years?
You might also like: Here are 52 prompts for self-love to love yourself more
- Am I spiritual?
- Do I have a sense of balance in my life?
- What is one thing that can instantly improve my day?
- Consider a skill you wish you possessed. What is one good way you can begin practicing it?
- What can I do to increase my happiness?
- What are the five things I should stop doing?
- What are my biggest fears? How can I get past them?
- When I meet new people, what do I want them to know about me?
- Whose company do I like the most?
- What do I turn to when I’m in need of comfort? This is one of my favorite self-love questions to ask yourself because, by asking it, you’re focusing on your needs.
- What do I consider to be my own life’s purpose?
- What is it that keeps me from living the happy life I want to live?
- How can I better care for myself?
- What is one of my qualities that makes me feel unique?
- What do I most desire in life?
- What is the state of my physical health? How can I improve it?
- What three things could I give up to gain more time, energy, and peace?
- What blessings am I currently experiencing in my life?
- What three things am I thankful for today?
- Do I appreciate myself?
- What do I consider to be my greatest personal achievement?
- What are some of my favorite inspirational quotes?
- What is my favorite thing to do outside?
- Where do I feel secure?
- What are the five positive things I should begin doing? This is one of those deep questions to ask yourself that helps you improve your life and steer it in a positive direction.
- How is my mindset? How can I cultivate a positive mindset?
- What is the state of my mental health? How can I make it better?
- What is my favorite pastime in my spare time?
- Do I have healthy habits? How can I make my daily habits better?
- Do I have a healthy sense of self-esteem? How can I make it better?
- What motivates me?
- What would I tell my younger self?
- What aspect of my health do I appreciate?
- What impact do I want to have on the world?
- How have my darkest moments shaped who I am today?
- What effect does exercise have on my mental outlook?
- When was the last time I said to myself, “I love myself?”
- What is the most thoughtful thing I’ve ever done for myself?
- Consider your favorite hobby or activity. Why do you like it so much?
- What exactly does happiness mean to me? How can I make my life more joyful?
You might also like: 100 things to love about yourself starting today
- How do I feel about spending alone time with myself? Do I feel comfortable and at peace in my own skin, or do I feel anxious and restless?
- In what areas of my life do I feel fulfilled and content? In what areas do I feel like there’s room for improvement and growth?
- What bad habits do I have that I want to let go of? What steps can I take to break these habits and replace them with healthier ones?
- What does being the best version of myself mean to me? What characteristics or qualities would I embody as my best self?
- What are the best ways for me to take care of myself physically, emotionally, and mentally? How can I incorporate these practices into my daily routine?
- How can I make better decisions for myself and my future? What steps can I take to become more mindful and intentional in my choices?
- What does a better life look like to me? What changes can I make to my current situation to move towards that vision?
- How can I become a better person for those around me? What values do I want to prioritize in my relationships and interactions with others?
- What is my biggest fear? How can I work towards overcoming it? What steps can I take to face my fears and grow from them?
- What are my biggest goals, and what steps can I take to achieve them? How can I break these goals down into smaller, actionable steps that I can take every day?
- What is my biggest regret? How can I use that experience to grow and learn?
- How can I take care of others without neglecting my own needs and well-being?
- How can I make conscious decisions that align with my core beliefs and values?
- What is my biggest strength? How can I leverage it to create a fulfilling life for myself?
- How do I navigate difficult decisions in a way that honors both my own needs and the needs of others?
- How can I resist the temptation to take the easy way out and instead challenge myself to grow and learn?
- What are some difficult questions that I’ve been avoiding? How can I confront them in a way that is productive and healing?
- How can I ensure that I’m making the most of my time and living a fulfilling life, even in the midst of the demands of everyday life?
- What deep insights have I gained about myself through past experiences? How can I use that knowledge to move forward in a positive way?
- How can I maintain healthy relationships with family members while also setting boundaries and prioritizing my own needs and well-being?
You might also like: Daily self-love habits to practice for a better life
- How can I let go of fear and embrace new experiences and opportunities?
- What does it mean to me to be a good person? How can I live up to that standard in my everyday life?
- What are some good things that have happened to me recently? How can I cultivate a sense of gratitude and appreciation for them?
- When was the last time I did something for the first time? How can I continue to challenge myself to step outside of my comfort zone?
- What does a fulfilled life look like to me? How can I work towards creating that reality for myself?
- How can I identify and challenge any negative core beliefs that may be holding me back?
- How can I prioritize self-care and ensure that I’m taking care of my physical, emotional, and mental well-being on a regular basis?
- What are some great questions I can ask myself to gain deeper insight into my own thoughts, feelings, and motivations?
- How can I use difficult experiences and challenges as opportunities for growth and self-improvement?
- How can I make choices that align with my values and bring me closer to living the life I truly want to lead?
- How can I make sure I’m spending time on activities that truly nourish and fulfill me?
- What is a surefire way for me to lift my spirits and boost my mood when I’m going through tough times?
- How can I connect with my true self and stay true to my values and beliefs, even when faced with challenges or pressure from others?
- What type of music or other media can I turn to when I need a pick-me-up or a source of inspiration?
- How can I cultivate a sense of unconditional love and compassion for myself, even when I make mistakes or fall short of my own expectations?
- How can I let go of unrealistic expectations and embrace my own unique strengths and abilities?
- What valuable insights have I gained from past challenges or struggles? How can I use that knowledge to take my personal growth to a whole new level?
- How can I reframe “wrong answers” or mistakes as opportunities for learning and growth rather than sources of shame or self-doubt?
- How can I identify and challenge any negative self-talk or limiting beliefs that may be holding me back?
- How can I celebrate my successes and accomplishments, no matter how small, and cultivate a sense of pride and confidence in myself?
- What is the most important thing for me to prioritize in my life right now? How can I ensure that I’m giving it the attention and energy it deserves?
- What self-reflection questions can I ask myself on a regular basis to gain greater clarity and awareness about my goals, values, and aspirations?
- How can I trust that I’m on the right path, even when faced with uncertainty or doubt?
- What does the meaning of life mean to me? How can I cultivate a sense of purpose and meaning in my own life?
- How can I navigate hard times with resilience and grace and use those experiences as opportunities for growth and learning?
- How can I build up my self-esteem and cultivate a deep sense of self-love and self-acceptance, even when faced with challenges or setbacks?
- How can I cultivate greater awareness of my thoughts, feelings, and actions and use that knowledge to make conscious decisions that align with my values and aspirations?
- What are some self-esteem questions I can ask myself to identify and challenge any negative self-talk or limiting beliefs that may be holding me back?
- Who are my role models, and what can I learn from their examples to become the best version of myself?
- How can I shift my perspective and see challenges and setbacks as opportunities for growth and transformation rather than obstacles to my success?
FAQ: More good self-love tips
Be okay with your imperfections
We all have things that make us different, and that’s great! Embrace the things that make you unique and special.
Take care of yourself
Make sure to do things that make you feel good. It could be taking a bath, treating yourself to something nice, or doing things you enjoy. Relaxing and recharging are important.
Be kind to yourself
Sometimes we can be really hard on ourselves. Instead, try to think positive thoughts about yourself. Focus on your strengths and the things you’re proud of. You deserve to be kind to yourself!
It’s important to know when to say no to things that don’t feel right or make you tired.
Surround yourself with people who respect your boundaries and make you feel good. Remember, it’s okay to put yourself first.
Take care of your body
Eat healthy foods that make you feel good inside. Get some exercise that you enjoy. Your body is important, so treat it well!
Be mindful and grateful
Pay attention to what’s happening around you and be thankful for the small things. Taking time to appreciate what you have can help you feel positive and love yourself more.
Do things you love
Make time for activities that you enjoy and that make you happy.
It could be painting, playing music, writing, or exploring nature. Doing things you love will make you feel good and remind you of your worth.
Surround yourself with positive people
Spend time with friends who make you feel good and support you. Try to stay away from negative influences like mean comments on social media or people who bring you down.
Choose friends who make you feel happy and help you grow.
Celebrate your achievements
When you do something great, big or small, give yourself credit. Be proud of what you’ve accomplished and celebrate it. This will make you feel more confident and help you love yourself.
Forgive and let go
Holding on to grudges only makes you feel bad. Learn to forgive yourself and others. It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. Forgiving helps you move forward and be kinder to yourself.
You might also like: Discover why discipline is actually the highest form of self-love
FAQ: 25 good self-love affirmations
- I am enough just as I am.
- I deserve happiness and joy.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I am capable of achieving my dreams.
- I am surrounded by love and support.
- I love and accept myself completely.
- I am a magnet for abundance and success.
- I love and appreciate my unique qualities.
- I am worthy of self-care and self-nurturing.
- I deserve to prioritize my needs and desires.
- I trust in my ability to overcome challenges.
- I am deserving of all the good things in life.
- I choose to focus on my strengths and talents.
- I am proud of my accomplishments, big and small.
- I trust myself to make the best decisions for me.
- I am deserving of love and healthy relationships.
- I am grateful for all that I have and all that I am.
- I am deserving of self-compassion and understanding.
- I radiate positivity and attract positive experiences.
- I am worthy of forgiveness, both from others and myself.
- I am resilient and capable of bouncing back from setbacks.
- I embrace my flaws and see them as opportunities for growth.
Self-love book recommendations
“The Gifts of Imperfection” by Brené Brown. This book explores the power of embracing imperfections and living a wholehearted life. It offers practical strategies to cultivate self-love and authenticity.
“You Are a Badass” by Jen Sincero. This New York Times bestseller is a witty and inspiring guide to loving yourself and creating the life you desire. It helps you identify self-sabotaging beliefs and empowers you to step into your greatness.
“The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth, and Find Genuine Happiness” by Shainna Ali. This interactive workbook offers exercises, journaling prompts, and practical tools to foster self-love, build self-esteem, and cultivate happiness.
“Radical Self-Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dreams” by Gala Darling. This book encourages you to embrace self-love unapologetically and provides actionable steps to create a life filled with love, joy, and fulfillment.
“The Self-Love Experiment: Fifteen Principles for Becoming More Kind, Compassionate, and Accepting of Yourself” by Shannon Kaiser. This book guides you through a transformative self-love journey, offering practical exercises, insightful stories, and empowering principles to help you cultivate a deeper sense of self-acceptance and compassion.
You might also like: Here's how you can go on a self-love journey right now
FAQ: What is self-love?
What is self-love? Well, self-love isn’t the same as self-care.
Pampering yourself with a manicure or pedicure, buying yourself new things, allowing yourself a walk in nature, and other similar activities are examples of self-care.
However, self-care can occur while a person isn’t on good terms with themselves.
It all starts with establishing a foundation of self-love that is independent of what you do or don’t do, who you are or aren’t, and what you have or haven’t achieved.
Your love for yourself must be rock-solid, which means that you love and respect yourself even when you screw up, even when you make the worst mistake or fail completely.
Self-love means you may have to correct your behavior or put up with unpleasantness, but at your core, you believe in your own worth, and your self-love isn’t dependent on anyone or anything.
You love yourself simply because you are, and you respect, recognize, and value yourself regardless of what happens or does not happen, whatever anyone says or does not say—your self-love will stand strong.
FAQ: A person living with sufficient self-love:
- Is mentally and physically healthy
- Is radiating positivity
- Acts with intuition and inner motives as support
- Trusts themselves and others
- Has an open mind to the world
- Believes in the worth of their actions
- Has a clear self-image
- Prioritizes satisfaction over success
- Feels love in themselves and radiates it
- Has an adequate self-esteem
- Has self-respect
- Has accepted complete responsibility for their life
- Believes in their abilities and necessity
- Makes decisions based on love, trust, and peace
- Is calm, smiling, and stable
FAQ: What are the 7 steps to loving yourself? How to practice self-love?
1. Gradually try to let go of the need to be perfect and to please others
If you’re a perfectionist who likes to finish everything, practice leaving things unfinished and messing up by doing something else instead and learning to enjoy it without blaming or berating yourself.
2. Ask yourself self-love reflection questions
Asking questions helps you understand yourself better. These are questions that make you think about yourself and help you realize how powerful you are.
Once you’ve discovered self-love, it becomes your superpower. It makes you stronger and inspires you to share your love with the world around you.
3. Start comparing yourself to yourself rather than others
When you start to focus on yourself instead of other people, you’ll quickly notice three significant changes: you’ll begin to feel better, your health will improve, and the quality of your relationships will improve.
4. Get some paper and a pencil
Assess your most important relationships by giving them a “+” if you feel valued, happy, and truly noticed, and a “-” if you feel restricted, harassed, or uncomfortable.
Then, gradually reduce the amount of time you devote to negative relationships, eventually giving them up entirely.
5. Set aside one hour each day for yourself, doing something truly enjoyable with no other people involved
Do the things that you enjoy the most without involving other people and that are mostly free or for a little fee. Do this on a daily basis.
6. Learn and practice saying “no”
Learn to say “no” and “yes” based on your own desires rather than anticipating other people’s wishes, thinking for them, or considering their feelings in advance.
If you like something or want to participate in something, say “yes.” If you don’t, say “no” without making excuses or giving a long explanation.
7. Understand your worth
Recognize your own unique qualities and strengths. Take some time to consider what makes you unique.
Pay attention to your inner voice and challenge any negative thoughts or beliefs that are preventing you from moving forward.
As I mentioned, one of the ways to increase self-love is to pick some good self-love questions to ask yourself and practice them.
My preferred method for that is to just ask myself one important question per day (I gave you a list of the questions to ask about self-love before) and then write down whatever comes to mind when I ask myself that specific question.
There are no right questions or right answers, wrong questions or wrong answers. It’s just simple journaling, and there are no rules, so let your imagination go wild.
Of course, you can answer these questions orally or in your head, but I have found that writing them down in a journal is more effective. Writing things down has lots of benefits.
Journaling and asking yourself questions can help you become aware of and articulate your feelings, which are usually buried deep inside.
As scientists have proven, writing by hand stimulates your brain, especially the part responsible for creativity.
In addition, if you write about problems, you can find a completely unexpected way out of certain situations.
You might also like: Learn to fall in love with taking care of yourself (it's not too hard)
These were certainly among the best self-love questions to ask yourself to get to know yourself
Do you journal? What’s your preferred type of journaling? Did you find any of these powerful questions useful? What are your favorite self-love topics to talk about? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
I’m a personal growth and self-care expert, as well as an avid motorcycle enthusiast and coffee and sweets lover. Through Lauraconteuse, I provide insightful and practical advice on topics such as self-care, self-love, personal growth, and productivity, drawing from my very own extensive experience and knowledge in the field. My blog has helped countless people achieve their goals and live more fulfilling lives, and my goal is to continue to inspire and empower others.