Are you looking for a huge list of self-care activities?
You’re in the right place! In this blog post, we’ll look at 100 self-care ideas that you can incorporate into your daily routine to ensure you’re taking care of yourself.
From simple activities like taking a bubble bath or reading a book to more involved activities like going on a hike or starting a new hobby, these 100 self-care activities for adults will help you establish new habits that will show your body and mind the love they deserve.
This list includes suggestions for improving your mood, managing stress, connecting with nature, practicing mindfulness, and other activities. Whether it’s a walk in the park or some kind of therapy, these suggestions will help you relax and recharge. Let’s get started!
What is self-care and what are the benefits of self-care?
Let’s talk about the definition of self-care.
You’ve probably heard that you need to put your oxygen mask on first. That’s what self-care is all about.
Self-care means caring for your physical, emotional, and mental well-being. It entails recognizing and attending to your own needs, making choices that promote health and happiness, and taking small steps to reduce stress and prevent burnout.
Self-care is essential for a lot of reasons. It improves your physical health by encouraging healthy habits such as regular exercise, nutritious eating, and adequate rest.
Self-care improves mental health and emotional health by reducing stress, improving mood, and preventing burnout. If you practice self-care, you develop a stronger sense of self-worth. You also improve your ability to deal with life’s challenges.
Self-care can also improve relationships. Self-care allows you to be more present and engaged in your interactions with others. We’re better able to show up for the people we care about and form deeper, more meaningful connections with others when we take care of ourselves.
Besides, self-care can boost productivity and life satisfaction. We’re better equipped to tackle our responsibilities and achieve our goals when we’re physically and emotionally healthy.
What are the 5 pillars of self-care?
The five pillars of self-care are:
• Physical self-care. Physical wellbeing involves attending to your physical needs such as exercise, nutrition, sleep, and hygiene.
• Emotional self-care. Emotional self-care involves addressing emotional needs such as stress management, mindfulness practice, and seeking support from loved ones.
• Mental self-care. This involves engaging in activities that promote mental well-being, such as reading, learning new things, or pursuing hobbies.
• Spiritual self-care. Spiritual self-care means reconnecting with your sense of purpose and meaning, such as through meditation, prayer, or gratitude practice.
• Social self-care. This involves building and maintaining positive relationships, such as spending time with friends and family, volunteering, or joining a community group.
Each of these pillars is essential for your well-being. You should strive to find a balance that works for you. The key is to prioritize self-care and make it a part of your daily routine. You can do this with the help of this basic self-care list that I will show you now.
Take a deep breath, and let’s get started.
RELATED: Simple self-care ideas to have the best self-care Sunday
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Here are 100 things to do for self-care:
1. Create a vision board. Make a collage of inspiring images to help you visualize your goals and dreams.
2. Make some art. Art can be a wonderful way to express yourself while also providing a sense of joy.
3. Play some music. Listening to your favorite music can help you relax and become more positive. It can also increase your energy and productivity while providing a sense of joy. Make a playlist of your favorite songs to listen to while driving, at home, or at the gym.
4. Allow fresh air into the room by opening a window. This is one of my favorite cheap self-care ideas because it makes a huge difference in the atmosphere.
5. Spend quality time with your family. Spending quality time with those you care about can help relieve stress and provide a sense of security.
6. Practice positive affirmations by writing down a few phrases that inspire and empower you, and repeating them to yourself.
7. Attend a virtual class. There are numerous online courses available to help you learn something new.
8. Volunteer on a regular basis. It’s the little things, the simple things that make our everyday life better.
9. Visit a museum. Visit a local museum to learn about art and history. A trip to a museum can help stimulate your mind and provide you with an opportunity to learn something new.
10. Try a new food or recipe that you’ve been curious about and savor each bite mindfully.
11. Speak with a friend. Speaking with a friend can make you feel more connected and supported.
12. Order some takeout food.
13. Take a social media break. Taking a break from social media allows you to be present in the moment, gives you a sense of freedom, and reduces stress while allowing your mind to reset.
14. Go outside. Take advantage of the fresh air and sunshine by going for a socially-distanced walk or bike ride.
15. Watch a television show. Watching your favorite TV show can help you relax by distracting you from your worries. My favorite show to watch is Friends, for sure.
16. Use an aroma lamp like this one or spray your favorite scent in the room. Here’s a very effective room spray for relaxation and stress relief.
17. Play a game. Playing a game, whether it’s a board game, a video game, or something else, can be a great way to have fun and get your mind off of things, whether you play alone or with friends online.
18. Make time for your hobbies—knitting, fishing, gardening, or whatever interests you. Here’s a list of 70 cool hobbies if you’re in your 20s.
19. Visit a farmer’s market in your area.
20. Practice gratitude. Make a gratitude list of the things you’re thankful for every day. If you’re new to this, here’s a one-minute gratitude journal that’s suitable for beginners.
21. Take a walk. This is one of my favorite examples of self-care because walking can help you clear your mind, boost your mood, and reduce stress. Get some fresh air, take in some scenery, and connect with nature.
22. Write yourself a fan letter.
23. Spend time outside in the sun. To improve your mood, soak up some vitamin D.
24. Spend quality time with your pet. Spending time with your pet can help you relax and brighten your day. They’ll always be there to lift your spirits.
25. Get a good night’s sleep. Believe it or not, this is one of my favorite beauty self-care ideas, because getting enough sleep can help you recharge your body and mind, allowing you to feel more energized.
RELATED: Boost your personal growth by 100% in your 20s with the help of these top tips
26. Look for ways to reduce stress. It’s one of the best self-care ideas when you’re having a difficult time. Try yoga, tai chi, or other forms of relaxation.
27. Go to your favorite cafe and place your favorite order.
28. Eat at a new restaurant. You can also enjoy a special meal at your favorite restaurant.
29. Take a long, hot shower. A hot shower can help relax your muscles and relieve stress. Here’s a relaxing shower routine that you should consider.
30. Discover something new. Learn new skills, such as cooking, playing an instrument, or coding, in your spare time.
31. Organize a dance party. Put on your favorite music, turn it up, and dance around the house! It’s an excellent way to get some exercise while also having fun.
32. Allow yourself time to daydream. Allow your mind to wander and experiment with new ideas.
33. Take good care of your house. To reduce stress, keep it tidy and organized.
34. Start working on a home improvement project. Use your alone time to complete some home improvement projects.
35. Practice deep breathing. Deep breathing exercises can help you relax and cope with stress.
36. Go for a drive. Going for a drive can help you clear your mind and relieve stress. It’s also the best way to see new places and relax on the open road.
37. Make time for activities that you enjoy. Take a long walk, read a book, or watch a movie.
38. Apply a hair mask. Here’s an Amazon bestseller that’s guaranteed to nourish and repair your hair.
39. Purchase a new lipstick or fragrance for yourself.
40. Make time for yourself. Even if it seems like you have zero time, making time for yourself can assist you in reconnecting with yourself and feeling more centered.
41. Take a warm bath. This is among my favorite ideas in this list of 100 self-care ideas at home because a hot bath is an ideal way to unwind after a long day. It can relieve muscle pain, reduce stress, and leave you feeling revitalized. For an extra pampering experience, fill the tub with warm water and add some essential oils, Epsom salts, and candles.
42. Have a spa day. Take a luxurious bath, apply your favorite skincare products, and relax. You can also create a relaxing atmosphere by lighting candles in your living room, listening to soothing music, and indulging in your favorite self-care rituals.
43. Reflect on your own actions. Taking the time to practice self-reflection and consider your goals and values can assist you in staying on track. Spend some time flipping through old photos and reminiscing on happy memories from the past.
44. Allow yourself to take breaks throughout the day.
45. Spend some time with your friends. Spending time with friends can assist you in relaxing and having fun. It can also assist you in staying connected and developing relationships.
46. Take a virtual tour. Utilize Google Maps or other online resources to discover new places. From the comfort of your own home, you can even take a virtual tour of museums and art galleries.
47. Read a magazine. It’s an easy way to pass the time and lose yourself in a good story.
48. Journal. This is among my favorite ideas on this self-care list because writing in a journal can help you express yourself and your thoughts and feelings. You can use a simple lined journal, but I know a lot of people also like using a dotted bullet journal.
Journaling can also assist you in staying organized, reducing stress, and planning for the future. Here are other creative things that you can do with a notebook.
49. Craft. Crafting can be a fun and creative way to express yourself. It can also assist you in remaining productive and having fun while providing a sense of accomplishment.
50. Do something new. Visit a museum, learn a foreign language, or enroll in a cooking class.
RELATED: Self-care for empaths to help you protect your energy every day
51. Visit a spa. Taking some time to pamper yourself can help you relax and rejuvenate.
52. Meditate. Meditation can be the perfect way to unwind and clear your mind. It can also assist you in remaining mindful and present in the moment. Meditation reduces stress, improves focus, and heightens awareness. Spend some time in silence and meditate.
53. Eat a healthy meal. Eating a balanced diet helps to nourish your body while also providing essential nutrients that can increase your energy levels and improve your overall health.
54. Take a walk. Get some exercise and enjoy the natural beauty. You’ll always get bonus points if you can combine self-care with physical activity!
55. Purchase a ballet, opera, or concert ticket.
56. Try a new recipe. Try out a new recipe that you’ve been wanting to try in the kitchen. If the recipe is successful, you will have a tasty meal as well as a sense of accomplishment. It’s a fun way to put your skills to the test while also making something delicious.
57. Make some herbal tea. A cup of tea can help to relax your body and mind while also providing important nutrients.
58. Look for ways to laugh. Watch a funny movie, listen to a comedy podcast, or spend time with funny people.
59. Take a nap. Napping can be an excellent way to recharge and rest. It can also assist you in remaining focused and productive.
60. Practice yoga. This is one of those good examples of self-care ideas for depression because yoga can be a great way to unwind and de-stress. It can also help you become more flexible and stronger. You can also go to your local yoga class.
61. Connect with others. Call a loved one, join a support group, or contact your family member.
62. Practice self-compassion. Be kind to yourself and give yourself compliments. Here’s how you can go on a self-love journey to learn to love yourself more.
63. Take on a challenge. Make a goal, a plan, and a plan of action. Here’s a cool 30-day comfort zone challenge to push your limits.
64. Establish a proper morning routine and evening routine. You can also come up with your own self-care routine.
65. Read a poem aloud or write your own.
66. Organize and clean. Although this is not the most exciting activity, it can be therapeutic and provide a sense of accomplishment. Clear out and declutter your living space, creating a clean and organized environment that supports your mental well-being.
67. Allow a professional to take care of your face. You can also apply a face mask and do facial treatments at home if that’s something you’d prefer.
68. Pay a visit to the dog shelter.
69. Get a manicure or a pedicure. Give yourself a day of pampering by getting a professional manicure and pedicure.
70. Make a soothing peppermint foot bath.
71. Visit the park. Going to the park can allow you to get some fresh air and clear your mind.
72. Do something creative. Doing something creative, whether it’s writing, knitting, drawing, painting, or something else, can help you express yourself and get your creative juices flowing.
73. Play some board games. Bring out a board game you haven’t played in a while and play a game with yourself.
74. Try some DIY projects from Pinterest.
75. Plan a day trip. Get away and explore a new location, even if only for a few hours.
RELATED: A 7-day self-care challenge to help you get started on your self-care journey
76. Make yourself a nice hot beverage.
77. Spend time outside in nature. It’s one of the best activities on that list of 100 self-care ideas, because spending time in nature, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, can help you relax and feel grounded. Take a hike, a walk on the beach, or simply sit in the park.
78. Make a to-do list to clear your mind of unnecessary thoughts. You can also make a list of self-care ideas that resonate with you, and commit to trying one new idea each week.
79. Set aside a regular time each week to watch a TED talk or an inspirational YouTube video that uplifts and motivates you.
80. Explore a new part of your city.
81. Connect with your spiritual side.
82. Get creative. Play an instrument, get out your art supplies, and paint a picture, write a story, or make something completely new. Invest in a coloring book for adults or art supplies, and spend some time each week creating something beautiful and calming.
83. Purchase some new lingerie.
84. Get a good book and read it. Reading a book can help you relax and escape from your daily worries. It can also assist you in learning new things and broadening your horizons. Here are 20 motivational books that you have to read at least once in your life.
85. Watch your favorite TV shows or movies again. You can even make it a fun activity by hosting a movie marathon or organizing a virtual movie night with your friends.
86. Plant a garden. Grow some herbs or vegetables in a pot. It’s an excellent way to bring nature indoors.
87. Purchase flowers for yourself. Beautiful blooms will brighten your home and mood.
88. Take a class. Taking a class can help stimulate your mind while also giving you the opportunity to learn something new. It can also help you feel more accomplished.
89. Bake something special. Make yourself a favorite dessert or a special treat.
90. Go shopping. Buy yourself something special, such as a new outfit, shoes, or jewelry. Treat yourself to new makeup brushes or a beauty tool that makes your daily routine feel more luxurious and enjoyable.
91. Enjoy your favorite comfort food.
92. Do a puzzle. A crossword puzzle or this clearly impossible jigsaw puzzle can help you pass the time while also focusing and relaxing your mind.
93. Take some time away from work. Taking a break from work can help you recharge and return feeling refreshed.
94. Exercise. Exercise can help you improve your mood, clear your mind, and reduce stress. It can also assist you in staying healthy and fit. Yoga, Pilates, or a simple bodyweight workout will get your endorphins going and your heart rate up.
95. As part of your self-care day, treat yourself to a haircut at the salon.
96. Enjoy the sunset or sunrise. It’s something I actually like to do on a daily basis.
97. Watch a movie. A movie can be a great way to relax and escape from reality. It can also be an enjoyable way to watch something you enjoy.
98. Get yourself a massage. A massage can help relax your muscles, relieve tension, reduce stress, and improve your mood.
99. Prepare a meal for the next day. Cooking can be a great way to unwind and enjoy the process of making something tasty. It can also assist you in staying healthy and eating well.
100. Go to the grocery store, buy some healthy food, and enjoy it.
RELATED: The best winter self-care ideas to help you survive this cold time
That was a list of 100 self-care ideas that I absolutely love
How do you practice self-care? What’s on your self-care menu? Did you find any new ideas from this list? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
2 thoughts on “100 Self-Care Ideas to Help You Relax”
Just found your site and I enjoyed this self-care post! My favorite tips are the creative ones. I look forward to reading more articles!
These are some amazing self-care ideas. Definitely saving some of these for later.