120 body-positive affirmations to help you gain self-confidence
If you’re interested in positive body affirmations, keep reading!
Body positivity is an important component of self-care. It means accepting and loving who you are, regardless of your size, shape, or other physical traits.
It’s about embracing beauty in all body types and sizes.
It also entails accepting that everyone’s path to self-love is unique and that it’s okay to take as much time as you need.
That’s where positive affirmations come in.
Positive affirmations have grown in popularity. You’ve probably seen positive affirmation posts on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
You may have even used positive affirmations and seen some results, but what exactly are those magical phrases that claim to change your life?
Now it’s time to share with you my favorite body positivity affirmations that are guaranteed to help you improve your body confidence and self-esteem in the long run.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
120 positive body image affirmations
30 inspirational body acceptance affirmations
- My body is a blessing.
- I am pleased with my body.
- I look great in any outfit.
- I enjoy taking care of my body.
- My body always looks out for me.
- I am far more than my body weight.
- My health is a top priority for me.
- I give my body permission to change.
- I believe in my body’s ability to heal.
- I will hydrate my body with pure water.
- My body is beautiful just the way it is.
- I am entitled to and enjoy feeling good.
- I grant myself permission to be who I am.
- I choose to speak positively about myself.
- My nurturing actions result in a healthy body.
You might also like: These practical Tuesday affirmations will boost your week
- I adore and look forward to my daily workouts.
- I deserve the best that life has to offer.
- My body is amazing; it has carried me through life.
- My body is a wonderful gift that I choose to cherish.
- I respect my body by listening to the signals it sends me.
- I choose to respect and honor my body in its current state.
- I let go of diet mentality thoughts that are no longer serving me.
- I let go of my insecurities and become more at ease in my own skin.
- My body is a powerful source of strength, resilience, and endurance.
- I will concentrate on what makes me happy about my body.
- I live a healthy lifestyle, so I get stronger and healthier every day.
- My body is my home. I vow to always build it up rather than tear it down.
- People are drawn to me because of my personality rather than my appearance.
- Food is my friend. I am grateful to it for nourishing me and providing me with energy.
- I will never allow anyone to tell me that I am unsuitable for them because of my size or shape.
30 positive body affirmations for confidence
- I am a survivor.
- My blood is clean.
- Every day, I get healthier.
- I am incredible just the way I am.
- I feel safe and secure in my body.
- I choose to be gentle with my body.
- I am perfect and whole just as I am.
- I’m learning to love my body completely.
- I carry myself with confidence in my body.
- I deserve to be comfortable in my own skin.
- Every day, I feel more alive and energized.
- I adore my body and everything it does for me.
- My immune system is a force to be reckoned with.
- I adore myself and admire everything about myself.
- I deserve to take up space and be noticed.
You might also like: Beautiful divine feminine affirmations to cherish your true self
- I am thankful for my body and everything it is capable of.
- My happiness is independent of how others perceive my body.
- I choose to fully and unconditionally accept and love myself.
- I am capable of achieving my goals and effecting positive change.
- My body is changing, but I am grateful for the opportunity to age.
- I am more than just my physical body. I am also my mind and spirit.
- I am at home in my body. I am beautiful, both on the inside and out.
- My powerful lungs allow me to inhale an infinite amount of self-love.
- Every cell in my body vibrates at the frequency of complete self-love.
- My mind is a formidable force. It gives me new ideas throughout the day.
- I am ready to love my body unconditionally and see it in all of its glory.
- I don’t have to constantly push my body to feel good. My body is allowed to relax.
- I admire the strong and powerful woman who stares back at me when I look in the mirror.
- I will love and care for myself in a healthy and positive manner. I have a healthy body image.
- Life is too short to be at odds with oneself. From now on, I will apologize to my body and be grateful for it.
30 motivational body-positive mantras
- My vision is clear.
- My organs are in good condition.
- Nobody can take away my identity.
- My body is a sacred temple to me.
- I appreciate my body, flaws and all.
- I’ve decided to stop obsessing over my body.
- I am strong and capable of achieving my goals.
- I am tenacious and can overcome any challenge.
- My body is capable of far more than I can fathom.
- I nourish my mind, body, and spirit with complete self-love.
- I will treat my body as if it belonged to someone I care about.
- Every day, I accomplish something that makes me proud of myself.
- I pay attention to my body because it always knows what it needs.
- It’s fine if people dislike my body. They have the right to their opinion.
- I plan to fuel my body with nutritious and delicious foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains.
You might also like: 100 powerful new month affirmations to help you finally succeed
- I will devote time to self-care because I am valuable.
- My spine is flexible.
- I refuse to sacrifice my mental health in order to have the perfect body.
- I think positive thoughts, speak positive words, and treat my body positively.
- I put my total well-being first: mind, body, and spirit.
- It’s normal to feel uncomfortable in your own skin at times, but I’m still deserving of love and happiness.
- I am mentally, physically, and spiritually strong.
- Every day, my body shows up for me. My body deserves my undivided attention.
- My body distinguishes me.
- Every day, I practice deep breathing.
- When my body tells me it needs to rest, I will listen. I can provide my body with what it requires.
- I burst with energy, passion, and vitality.
- I am secure in my own skin.
- My body serves as a container for my awesomeness.
- I’m in good health. I look healthy.
30 powerful body-neutrality affirmations
- I am totally at peace.
- My body is an incredible healer.
- I am stunning just the way I am.
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- My health and happiness will always come first.
- My body is unique and beautiful in its own way.
- I am a total badass. My weight never defines me.
- I deserve love and respect because I am worthy.
- I’ve decided to be at peace with my body and mind today.
- I appreciate my one-of-a-kind body and all of its quirks.
- I am more than my appearance; my worth goes beyond my looks.
- I deserve love and respect, no matter my shape or size.
- I choose to focus on what my body can do rather than how it looks.
- I believe in my body’s wisdom and pay attention when it speaks to me.
- I embrace my imperfections and see them as a part of my unique beauty.
You might also like: Positive study affirmations to help you pass every single exam
- My body is a vessel that carries me through life’s adventures and experiences.
- I release the need to compare myself to others.
- My value is not determined by societal beauty standards.
- I nourish my body with love, kindness, and healthy choices.
- I celebrate the diversity and beauty of all bodies, including my own.
- My body is a masterpiece, and I am its proud creator.
- I choose self-acceptance over self-judgment.
- I am grateful for my body’s resilience and strength.
- My beauty radiates from within and shines brightly.
- I am confident and comfortable in my own skin.
- I embrace my curves and love every inch of my body.
- I let go of my negative body image and embrace positive self-talk.
- I am beautiful, not despite my perceived flaws but because of them.
- I treat my body with respect and kindness, honoring its needs and boundaries.
- I am on a journey of self-love, and every step is a celebration of my unique beauty.
FAQ: what is body positivity?
As I already mentioned, the body positivity movement is about loving and accepting all types of bodies.
It encourages us to appreciate our own unique appearance and not compare ourselves to others.
We learn to celebrate our bodies just as they are, no matter their size, shape, color, or abilities. Body positivity helps us feel good about ourselves and treat our bodies with kindness.
Instead of focusing on what we don’t like about our bodies, body positivity teaches us to focus on what we do like.
We learn to be kinder to ourselves and stop listening to negative thoughts. By practicing body positivity, we can grow to love and respect our bodies more.
FAQ: How do I cultivate a body-positive attitude?
To develop a body-positive mindset, start by changing how you think about yourself and your body.
Be aware of any negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. Remember that your worth isn’t just about your appearance.
Surround yourself with positive influences that support body positivity. Follow social media accounts and read books that celebrate different body types.
Find communities that uplift and accept everyone.
Be grateful for your body and what it can do. Appreciate how it allows you to move, create, and experience life. Focus on the things your body can do rather than how it looks.
Take care of your body by eating nutritious food, being active in ways you enjoy, getting enough rest, and taking time to relax. Treat your body with love and respect.
Surround yourself with supportive and loving people who value you for who you are, not just how you look. Build friendships and relationships that are kind and accepting.
Developing a body-positive attitude takes time. Be patient with yourself and celebrate your progress.
Embrace and celebrate your unique beauty, and inspire others to do the same. You deserve to feel confident and at peace with your body.
FAQ: What exactly are positive affirmations for body image?
As women, our main limiting thoughts are usually related to our appearance and self-esteem.
That’s why I decided to come up with this blog post about affirmations for body positivity. Let’s talk about what exactly positive affirmations are.
Healing affirmations for the body are more than just feel-good expressions. They are powerful statements that can uplift and support us when repeated regularly.
Simply put, positive affirmation is our brain’s language.
Positive affirmations consist of specific elements because they align with the language of the brain. Let’s talk about these elements.
FAQ: Affirmations are made up of three components:
If you find a positive affirmation on the Internet or in a book that lacks the following three components, your brain won’t correctly register that thought.
It turns out that our brains’ language requirements are quite strict and specific.
Affirmations that are positive are always in the present tense
Move on if you come across a positive affirmation that says, “I’m going to do this,” “I used to do this,” or “One day I might do this.”
Our brains register only sentences in the present tense.
Positive affirmations only use positive words
If you see a positive affirmation that includes the words “don’t,” “can’t,” or “won’t,” don’t repeat it. It takes more effort on your part to change a negative thought into a positive one.
Positive affirmations are expressed in the form of facts and truth
Affirmations containing the words “could” and “should” are less powerful than statements containing the words “I am” and “I will”.
You might also like: These powerful affirmations for wealth will change your life
FAQ: How do positive body affirmations work?
Some thoughts are so deeply ingrained simply because we have repeated them in our brains millions of times that changing them appears impossible, as your brain fights to maintain the old pattern at all costs.
It dislikes any changes you make to its “autopilot” because it requires a lot of energy, and nothing is more important to the brain than saving energy.
But you don’t want to be trapped by these limiting thoughts, do you?
So, how can we replace old, worn-out thoughts with new and empowering ones? This is where affirmations, particularly positive body confidence affirmations, come into play.
In the same way that your brain has stored your thoughts on autopilot, you can store new thoughts there as well, repeating them until they truly stick.
Affirmations, like physical exercise, train the brain. The more and more frequently you practice them, the faster and bigger the change will be!
Let’s now look at how the brain communicates. It does this in a very specific way. Understanding this can significantly increase the effectiveness and power of your positive body affirmations.
Your brain operates through a highly specific and intricate communication system. It constantly sends and receives thoughts and instructions at astonishing speed.
Every movement, no matter how simple, involves complex communication between the billions of brain cells called neurons.
Because your brain has so much information to process every second, it interprets everything you think and say literally.
When you understand how directly this communication works, you can see how it affects your emotions, behavior, and even your physical well-being.
Your brain doesn’t communicate in the future or the past. Everything that happens to your brain occurs in the present moment.
When you have a thought, your brain processes the information letter by letter and prepares you for the action that should immediately follow.
For example, if you tell yourself, “I’m going to have a great time with my partner this weekend,” your brain hears “great time” and goes into overdrive to make your date perfect.
This effect is amplified when you start to worry about something that might happen in the future.
Have you ever wondered why you get such strong physical reactions to things that aren’t true?
Think about watching a horror film. Your heart rate may increase, and you may begin to sweat and feel dizzy.
This occurs because your brain doesn’t distinguish between what you’re feeling now and what you think might happen in the future.
Your brain literally reacts to your thoughts in the present moment and prepares you for a perceived threat.
Therefore, it’s important that your body-positive words are in the present tense.
The affirmation, “I’m doing well in my job interview,” indicates that your success is now rather than in the future.
“I’m an excellent interviewee. I’m an excellent employee” reinforces neutral associations, making you feel confident, decisive, and prepared for your interview.
If you want to level up your affirmation game, here are motivational affirmation cards for women with THOUGHT-PROVOKING questions.
How cool is that? It’s time to get to know ourselves a little bit more!
You might also like: Positive Monday affirmations to start your week on the right foot
FAQ: The key to success is repetition
To understand how positive affirmations work and why they are a great tool for creating the life you want, you must first understand why you must repeat them.
When you first start using these affirmations for a healthy body, you may feel that repeating them is a waste of time. Why is it important to repeat positive statements several times a day?
Your brain is intricately designed to support your success. Whenever you think, feel, or take action, your brain strengthens its connections to optimize its functioning.
This allows you to perform tasks more efficiently and with heightened concentration.
Think about riding a bicycle. It may seem strange at first, but once you learn it and practice it, it will become second nature to you.
So every time you perform these actions or think these thoughts, your brain reinforces these connections.
You most likely know how to ride a bike or drive a car. Even if you don’t know, something else comes out naturally for you.
And just like that, positive affirmations can cause anything you want to happen naturally.
You might also like: I'm sure you'll love these amazing spring affirmations as well
These positive body affirmations are guaranteed to change your thoughts about yourself
That’s it for this blog post about healing affirmations. Tell me, do you practice affirmations? How have they helped you? Let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
I’m a personal growth and self-care expert, as well as an avid motorcycle enthusiast and coffee and sweets lover. Through Lauraconteuse, I provide insightful and practical advice on topics such as self-care, self-love, personal growth, and productivity, drawing from my very own extensive experience and knowledge in the field. My blog has helped countless people achieve their goals and live more fulfilling lives, and my goal is to continue to inspire and empower others.